Thursday 9 June 2011

How to Pack Up A Life In 10 Easy Steps!

As the Market of Choice checkout attendant mindlessly swiped my Moonstruck chocolates, put them into a paper bag, and routinely asked for $26.50, i thought how mundane this all seemed. I am moving to a different country today....Oh my, I AM LEAVING OREGON FOR GOOD! I am packing up my life and saying goodbye after nine wonderful years. Delayed reaction, true but with all the finite details involved in packing up a life, I guess I was a little distracted.

I am excited but also anxious for the challenge of restarting our lives. There is more at stake this time. Hong Kong was a transient place. You said goodbye all the time and truely good friends will always be there...this I know. But this is 9 years in which not only my life has been affected but those of my three children. This is what they know. Caitie was a mere 17 months when we stepped off the plane May 28, 2002.

Well, Sydney bound we are. Look out, here come The Beilby's!

We could have used two of these!

My Beloved Acura....what a magnificent car!

Bye Portland....Bye Mt Hood...Bye my friends!

No comments: